Many people search for the remedies for prickly heat rash. People try many things to get of heat rash. In this article, we have come up with many home remedies to get rid of heat rash quickly.
During this COVID-19 pandemic, babies are now exposed to more heat being locked down at homes often leading to prickly heat rash, and parents are inclining to home remedies. In May-June, tropical countries are mostly burned under the scorching heat. The skin of the infants, because of not being fully developed, cannot cope up with the situation. They are badly in need of fresh, and natural air. Otherwise, sweat jams in the sensitive skin for a longer time and prickly heat and small red rashes may eventually be seen especially on the upper body.
It is so pathetic to see a baby with a heat rash on its forehead, face, neck, chest, back, shoulders, and arms scratching the skin and continuing perspiration creating bodily movements. In this case, the first thing a begetter should do is to take the baby to a pediatrician. However, a nice alternative is home remedies for heat rash which the pediatricians even medically reviewed as a safe solution to heat rash problem.
Mother Nature has gifted us with vibrant remedies to get rid of this heat rash. Let’s explore…
Here are the home remedies for prickly heat rash for babies:
- Bathe your baby in cold water for more than 10 minutes, at least three times a week. You can mix a tablespoon of baking soda in a bucket of water, or a cup of organic oatmeal powder in a bathtub of water.
- Wipe out the body, more frequently the sweat clogging areas like neck, armpits, and genitals with a clean and wet cloth or cotton ball several times a day. You can (a) use refreshing rosewater, or, (b) mix some baking soda in the cold water, or, (c) compound 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of water for dipping it.
- Instead of using a towel, use a fan or natural air to dry up the body, particularly the sweat belching areas, after a bath or wiping.
- Never let the sun-rays fall upon the skin during this kind of illness.
- Keep your baby under a fan or in AC.
- Take the baby with you for a morning walk before sunrise if possible.
- Dress up the child in loose-fitting soft apparel before taking outside.
- Keep the kid naked at home with windows open for maintaining ample circulation of natural air.
- Avoid using diapers or artificial pants for a few days.
- Take an ice-pack or some ice cubes into a clean wet cloth and press gently on the skin for a moment and then take away it. Repeat on other places and in this way give the ice therapy.
- Make a paste of (a) Neem leaves, or, (b) Sandalwood powder and rose water of equal proportion, or, (c) fuller’s earth and rose water, or, (d) cucumber, and then apply on the affected area. Let the skin take the moisture out of it and wash it away with cool water after some time.
- Extract the gel from an Aloe Vera leaf and smoothly apply on the rash.
- Let your infant be hydrated with adequate amount of water, or milk, or any healthy liquid from time to time.
Every child is unique, special, and fitness enthusiast, and they always keep moving. None has control over his/her hilarious kicking or punching or running to and fro although these are producing sweat which causes prickly rash. So, parents have to concentrate on them on a priority basis. Side by side, applying the above-mentioned home remedies for prickly heat rash for babies, you will surely let you enjoy the world smiling with your beloved little child.
The writer is an MA in English and writes web content from home.
You can reach him: [email protected]